Monday, September 7, 2009

Local Artist: The Afterparty



I decided to feature another local artist, although I've gotta tell you, this one is gonna be a bit of a different tone than the last.

The Afterparty, listed on Myspace as Rock/Pop/Indie seem to be fairly popular, and seem to play the local bar, Peppers kind of often, I guess I should check them out, let's listen to the five songs up on their page.
"Lucky": Okay, starts off like any old pop-rock song, wait, what the fuck is he singing about? "I think I'm getting lucky tonight...Shes had a few drinks and my hopes are high"? This song is about...getting laid by a drunk chick from a bar. Way to set your standards high, guys. kudos. "I don't need to know her name" Great role models, way to dumb down the free love movement into banging drunk chicks. Okay, next song...
"Dizzy": nice cute acoustic intro, breaks into distorted guitar, again, pop-rock stuff. Wait, is he rapping now? Oh, now I know what this is, it's a crappy tribute to Third Eye Blind, but instead of having lyrics written by someone who's had lots of life troubles, it's about middle-class kids getting drunk and how it's "my life" riight. NEXT!
"Easy E" ANOTHER ACOUSTIC INTRO? Christ guys, oh shit, auto-tune/vocoder, rapping, wah guitar, this sounds like if RATM sang bout bitchez and were suburban white kids. I'm done, no point listening to the other songs, this is done, these guys suck, and are douchebags to boot, why do I say that? I've met them.

(Oh god he just said "straight up fellate me" in a non-joking manner, seriously, this shit stinks worse than [insert smelly thing here])

No comments:

Post a Comment