Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sorry!

Gahh, I've had a busy week. Drivers ed for four days, then went to Warped Tour on Friday.
I got to see the Bouncing Souls, Bad Religion, Aiden, Streetlight Manifesto, and Less than Jake.

If you don't know these bands, check them out, except for LTJ, I just don't like them, but thought I'd mention them regardless.

As it was in Detroit, I used my Canadian "identity" to score points with the ladies. And score I did, not just these lovely hug-givers, but a multitude of Michigan ladies came to get a peck on the cheek or a liplock with yours truly.




If you can't read it, the sign says "Kiss Me, I'm Canadian =) <3"

I didn't have as much luck with my first sign.


If you can't see it, it says "Looking 4 Loose Girls (I'm Canadian)"

But back to the music.
Bouncing Souls were pure Jersey punk goodness, the crowd loved them, and were going nuts all the while.
Bad Religion stole the show for me though, Hetson and Baker were just ON the entire show, and Graffin's vocals never faltered for a nanosecond. Here's where I'd complain about the crowd, and I shall. The crowd was huge and great fun, except for this little asshole with his girlfriend behind me, he kept his arms around her and his knuckles out so that if I got a foot near her (which was all the time as I was packed in, this is a Bad Religion crowd, buddy, I can't move) then his knuckles would dig into my back. So I'm still in pain from that, but I could've been alot worse.

I got a free Bhagavad Gita, got some Bad Religion stickers that the city of Detroit determined unsuitable to sell, and a bouncing souls and bad religion t-shirt.

Next week I promise I'll have some new band for ya'll to check out.

While you're waiting, I have a small favour to ask those who read this. My band needs a replacement drummer for a small amount of time while our usual drummer takes some personal time off. Just contact me through here or at johnd_34@hotmail.com if you know anything.

-Jawn Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment