Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Vacation post + The Album Leaf / Black Mountain

Phew. Sorry about the unannounced break. I took a "vacation" up to Pinery national park, camping. I have deduced I am most definitely a city boy, and proud. The outdoors is not my friend, I and covered in bug bites and sunburns and I'm allergic to the max. I went on the trip with C-rad, the other member of my burgeoning indie-spaz-electro band, Rainbow Vending Machines. (www.myspace.com/rainbowvend) He has a fairly good taste in indie rock, and introduced me to a couple bands which I shal talk about breifly, right about....now.

Firstly, the Album Leaf, they are nice and soft, mostly vocal-less, ambient indie goodness. The recordings are uncut, you can hear the producers and musician talking back and forth on some songs, which gives a feeling of an almost live performance. This is very incense-friendly music, it can play in the background while your doing almost anything, and it doesn't intrude into your head very much which is quite a blessing if you're trying to write a blog on time.


Secondly, and lastly, there is Black Mountain. Another indie-rock collective band, but this time with actual listenability. (I'm looking at you, Animal Collective). Black Mountain has a very retro-rock sound somewhere in the mix, which is awesome if you're getting bored of the other retro-rock bands popping up, reasling a hit single, and fading back into the mix. I can't tell you alot more about these bands other than I already have, other than to check them out! I will provide myspace links, and hope that this will satisfy your taste while i take another couple days to compose myself.



www.myspace.com/thealbumleaf


http://www.myspace.com/blackmountain

No comments:

Post a Comment