Monday, July 6, 2009

Amanda Palmer / The Dresden Dolls



I'm currently obsessed with Amanda Palmer and the Dresden Dolls. This isn't the best way to start off my blog with you music folks, as I know her and her band get a lot of unnecessary flak for their songs. I absolutely am in love with her songwriting, both in Dresden Dolls and on her solo album.
For those who are unaware of this person and band, I shall provide linkz.


The music is always intense piano-driven rock, with a really cool cabaret-punk sound. The ballads are intense in their haunting spaces in the music, and Amanda's very unique, very anti-pop voice.
I highly recommend this artist to anyone looking for something outside the norm of what they're listening to at the time, but if you're a very easily offended person...maybe you should give this stuff a pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment