Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Carpenter


They were my favourite band last week, and the week before that, these guys are amazing. I bought their album Law of the Land at a record store, and it's one of my favourite things ever.
It's bluegrass/folk influenced indie punk stuff. They appear to have a healthy obession with John Cougar, as evidenced by their myspace url:

There's not a whole lot more I can say about this band other than pure, unbridled passion. That is what makes their music resonate with me so much, identifying with a band, not by song lyrics, but by just feeling the pure passion they put into their music. To use an oft-said phrase, their record doesn't serve their live show justice. There were high kicks, inviting us to sing onstage, inviting us to dance on the bar, they really thrived in the live environment, even with the lack of their lead guitarist.


No comments:

Post a Comment