Sunday, July 12, 2009

Phog Phest '09



I was a
phree attendee to the local Phog Phest, a music festival filled with indie bands that play the Phog Lounge and others.
Holy Fuck were headlining, which is pretty darn awesome. I got there late in, it went from 1pm-1am, and i woke up at 1pm, so I went there around 7, right before Holy Fuck went on.


There's a panorama shot of the fest while Holy Fuck were playing, you can see me if you scroll right just a bit, red and black cabbie hat, more or less foreground.

The music was...alright, nothing too spectacular other than Holy Fuck, but I'm not complaining. Here are the links to most of the bands that played, because I'm a nice guy like that. I'll point out the ones I'm a fan of, so that you can ignore those ones because my music taste is apparently horrid.

Holy Fuck (Awesome electronica-rock)
Arkells
Green Go
The Pack A.D.
The Kramdens
The Locusts Have No King
Yellow Wood (Shoegazey indie-pop with some synthy stuff, I have a button and t-shirt)
Michou (Folky indie-rock that is cute and catchy)
Orphan Choir (Punky indie rock, with emphasis on the punk and rock)
Field Assembly (Yummy folky indie rock, very Kevin Devine-esque)
Ron Leary & Kelly Hoppe (Awesome folk & awesome bluegrass)
The Eric Welton Band
Peace Leeches
Pat Robitaille (Acoustic experimental indie rock/pop solo project)
What Seas, What Shores
(WH)Y.M.E.(??)
Fjord Rowboat
Citywide Vacuum
James O-L and The Villains
Square Root of Margaret
Tara Watts
Another Saturday Knight
Megan Hamilton and The Volunteer Canola

I hope this quenches your musical thirst for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment